Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Get Out Your Sparklers!

I’m so excited this is finally out! I recently watched Thrill of a Romance and Easy to Love for the first time, which was pure unadulterated Technicolor eye candy. For anyone in this tight economy who doesn't have the disposable income to rush out and spend the money on the box set, be assured that it is available for your immediate viewing please on Netflix.

Years ago when I first became interested in Esther Williams, I started by renting her movies at Le Video, a specialty video store in San Francisco’s Sunset district that has rare and hard to find films. They had a decent selection considering all of her films were all out of print, but in order to watch the ones I couldn't find for rent I began purchasing used VHS tapes on Amazon.com, and sometimes spent up to $30 on one (being out of print, they could go for a lot more). It’s a little bittersweet to look at these VHS tapes that have completely lost their value now that TCM has put out this collection… but I can’t wait to finally see Million Dollar Mermaid on DVD!

No comments:

Post a Comment